Click on thumbnail to view larger.
Nice Dell Latitude CPI A, 366Mhz, 128Mb, CD, Floppy, Ethernet card!
Itís time to clean off my workbench again... My wife keeps telling me to get rid of all these extra computer parts, so, my loss is your gain. My computer building and repairing has left me with these extra items that you may have a need for. Most of these are working pulls from good computers, and have been tested and well cared for, unless otherwise stated.
Dell Latitude CPI A:
- 1. Model: A33XT, Service Tag: VSBBY
- 2. This is a nice laptop in almost mint condition.
The new Ethernet card works great for surfing the net.
I have all the updates installed and the laptop performs perfectly.
I have upgraded to a newer laptop, so I do not need this one any longer.
- 3. Laptop Includes:
Pentium II @ 366 MHz
13.3" LCD (Bright and clear...no bad pixels)
6 GB hard disk
128 MB RAM
3.5" Floppy drive with parallel port interface cable
Dell, two button, scroll mouse
1 USB port
1 PS/2 port for external keyboard or mouse
AC power adapter/battery charger.
Battery is included and appears to hold a small charge.
Brand new Netgear Ethernet card.
Older Belkin Ethernet card (I could not get the Belkin card to work)
I have fresh copy of Windows ME loaded on the laptop now, with all the windows updates
You will not get the OS CD DISK with this laptop.
You will get a CD with the Dell drivers for this laptop on it.
- 4. Overview from Dell:
Introduction: Dell Latitude CPi A-Series System User's Guide
Latitude CPi A-Series System User's Guide
The Dell Latitude CPi A-Series portable computer is an expandable
multimedia system designed around an Intel microprocessor with Peripheral Component
Interconnect (PCI) technology. This chapter describes the major hardware and software
features of your computer.
Your Dell computer has the following features:
- Full multimedia capability through the following standard features:
- A 12.1-inch super video graphics array (SVGA), thin film transistor
(TFT), 800 x 600 active-matrix color display or a 13.3-inch extended graphics array (XGA),
TFT 1024 x 768 active-matrix color display.
- A CD-ROM drive that can be used in the modular bay. When you unpack
your computer, look for the CD-ROM drive in the accessories box of the shipping carton.
- 256-bit hardware-accelerated video support, with 2.5 megabytes (MB)
of video memory.
- Support for a zoomed video (ZV) PC Card in the upper PC Card
- Software wavetable support, Sound Blaster emulation
- Three audio jacks for connecting external speakers or headphones, a
microphone, and a record/playback device to your computer.
- Built-in microphone and two stereo speakers.
- Accelerated graphics port (AGP) architecture that increases system
performance, particularly video performance.
- A modular bay that supports a CD-ROM drive, diskette drive, second
battery or hard-disk drive, or LS-120 drive module. To make the computer as light as
possible when you travel, use the special travel module in the modular bay.
|NOTE: Your computer was shipped with a diskette
drive in the modular bay. For information on removing the diskette drive and installing a
different device in the bay, see Modular Bay.
- A 64-MB synchronous dynamic random-access memory (SDRAM) module is
standard. Memory can be increased up to 256 MB by installing combinations of 32-, 64-, or
128-MB SDRAM modules in the two memory module sockets on the system board.
- Two power conservation modessuspend mode and suspend-to-disk
modethat help you conserve battery power. If the batteries run out of power,
suspend-to-disk mode prevents data loss by copying all system data to the hard-disk drive
and turning off the computer.
- Connectors for two 3.3-volt (V) or 5-V PC Cards. The upper PC Card
connector supports ZV PC Cards.
|NOTE: The PC Card controller supports the
CardBus standard for 32-bit data transfer on the PC Card.
- Hardware and software support for the Dell Latitude C/Port Advanced
Port Replicator (C/Port APR) and the Dell Latitude C/Dock Expansion Station.
- A touch-pad pointing device positioned for both left- and
right-handed users. The left and right touch-pad buttons mimic mouse buttons; you can also
perform many pointing functions by tapping the touch pad itself. Click-and-drag buttonless
functions are supported.
- A lithium ion battery in the battery bay, with support for a second
battery in the modular bay. ExpressCharge technology charges a single battery in
approximately 1 hour (when the computer is off or in suspend mode).
|NOTE: The batteries are designed to work
only with Dell Latitude CP Series portable computers. Do not use the batteries with other
computers, and do not use batteries from other computers with the Dell Latitude CP Series.
|WARNING: Do not puncture or
incinerate the battery. When your battery no longer holds a charge, call your local waste
disposal agency or environmental agency for advice on disposing the computer's
lithium ion battery. The lithium ion technology used in the battery is significantly less
hazardous to the environment than the lithium metal technology used in some other
batteries (such as watch batteries).
- High-performance parallel and serial ports and a multipurpose
Personal System/2 (PS/2) connector for attaching external devices. There is also a monitor
connector for attaching an external monitor to your computer and a Universal Serial Bus
(USB) connector that supports stand-alone and hub devices.
- An infrared port that permits file transfer without using cable
connections. The port is compatible with the Infrared Data Association (IrDA) Standard 1.1
(Fast IR) and Standard 1.0 (Slow IR) for use with external devices.
- An automatic thermal management system that uses a variable-speed fan
and microprocessor speed changes to keep the system running at the optimum temperature.
The following software is included with your Dell computer system:
- The Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows NT 4.0 or
higher operating system is installed on your hard-disk drive. For more information, see
your operating system documentation.
- The System Setup program lets you view and change the system
configuration. For more information, see Using the System Setup
- The Program Diskette Maker allows you to create program diskette sets
of software that Dell installed on your computer's hard-disk drive.
- Dell Diagnostics for evaluating the computer's components and
|NOTE: If Dell did not install an operating
system on your hard-disk drive, the drivers, system utilities, and diagnostics are
available separately from Dell. To order, see Getting Help for
the appropriate telephone number in your location.
Before turning on your computer for the first time, read all license
agreements that came with your computer. When you turn on your computer for the first
time, if you agree with the license terms, indicate your acceptance by typing y when prompted by the computer. Then
complete the installation of your operating system.
As your computing requirements change, you can extend your
computer's capabilities with the C/Port APR or C/Dock Expansion Station. You can also
install a hard-disk drive of larger capacity, increase system memory, and add
functionality with PC Cards. Dell also offers additional modules that you can install in
the modular bay, including a second hard-disk drive, CD-ROM drives, and LS-120 drive
Dell offers the following devices and upgrade options:
- C/Port APR and C/Dock Expansion Station
- Additional batteries
- External keyboards and a numeric keypad
- External monitors
- External pointing devices
- External speakers, headphones, and microphones
- Hard-disk drives
- Second hard-disk drive for the modular bay
- LS-120 drive modules
- AC adapter
- PC Cards
- 32-, 64-, and 128-MB memory modules
- Carrying case
Instructions for connecting or installing these options are included
in the upgrade kit you receive from Dell.
Terms and Conditions:
- Your bid is a contract. If you do not agree with the price, shipping or handling, do NOT bid. We use S & H fees to cover shipping, handling, pickup and etc. Do NOT ask for discount or argue these fees after a bid is placed or product is delivered.
- This item is being shipped within the United States ONLY. If you are an international bidder do not bid on this item.
- You have to arrange a payment within 3 business days of auction close. Otherwise your order will be cancelled, and the item will be relisted.
- Items that are sold "AS IS" are not fully tested and may or may not function properly. No warranties are available on such items. There are no returns or refunds on items being sold "AS IS". We will only guarantee items against DOA if such a guarantee is offered above. Damage by carrier is not our responsibility; you must make your claim with the carrier (FedEx UPS, etc).
- We will leave negative feedback and file non-paying bidder warnings for unpaid auctions. Positive feedback will be left for successfully completed transactions. If by any reason you feel you have to leave anything besides a positive feedback please contact us first via e-mail so we can resolve the issue before it goes any further!
- Due to bad encounters in the past, bidders with zero feedback will have their bids removed from our auctions.
- If an EBay item is sold over the weekend we will promptly ship on Monday. We only ship to verified Paypal addresses. Please make sure your address is verified before bidding.
- Payment by PayPal ONLY. We do not accept checks, money orders or cash. Payment is due within three (3) days of purchase. We ONLY ship to the 48 Continental United States. NO shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Puerto Rico... We do not ship to (Post Office) P.O. Boxes or APO/FPO Military Addresses. We ship via UPS ONLY. Pickup is available for an additional $10.00 handling charge.
- Shipping is only done through UPS and usually takes 3 to 5 business days, unless you choose an alternate method (3 day guaranteed or next day air saver). Insurance for all orders $100.00 & under is included with shipping & handling. Insurance must be purchased for any order $101.00 & up. The cost is .70 cents for every 100 dollars over.
- All sales are final. Fixed handling fee: $7.50 on all items, S & H fees are not refundable.
- Shipping and Handling (S&H) includes all of the following: Actual shipping, cost of shipping supplies, handling cost (cost of labor to package), and actual insurance on items over $100.
- If your item has not arrived after 5 business days, please contact us for a tracking number. You can then find out the status of the package at www.ups.com once you obtain your tracking number. We are not responsible for transit time for any shipping method. Shipping is only available to the United States, no APOís, No P.O Box. If you have a P.O. Box listed as your shipping address, please provide a physical address for us to ship, UPS will not honor P.O. Boxes.
- All items are guaranteed to look and perform as stated in the auction listing upon receipt of the merchandise. We do not offer extended warranties on any of the merchandise that we sell. Our items are described as accurately as possible, but it is ultimately your responsibility to fully read the auction listings and ask any questions or voice concerns before bidding on an item. We are always more than happy to answer any questions you might have about an item!
- Thank you for taking the time to view my auction. Bid with confidence!